International Festival of Dance and Gymnastic for Schools
NO ENTRY FEES!
Proudly supported by:
”Proballet” Sanremo Italy
“Albano Connecticut Ballet” USA
Download the complete “conditions of entry” in PDF
(click on the link or PDF image above)
Conditions of Entry
The Festival, which will take place in Sanremo, Italy, during the competition finals of GEF – The World Festival of Creativity in Schools, will showcase quality productions from the Italian and European worlds of youth dance.
Schools short-listed for the competition finals will perform on the stage of Teatro Ariston for the finals.
NO ENTRY FEES!
Participation to the Festival is open to dance and ballet schools, public/private schools, associations, clubs etc.
both from Italy and other countries.
The Festival is divided in the following categories and sections:
FIRST CATEGORY: divided in sections A,B,C.
Category for Dance and Ballet Schools.
- A – Classical ballet
- B – Modern/contemporary dance
- C – Other types of dance (character, ethnic, etc.).
SECOND CATEGORY: section D.
- D – SPORT DANCE couple dancing in:
(minimum 5 couples / maximum 15 couples)
- Standard: English Waltz, Tango, Wiener-Waltz, Slow Foxtrot, Quick Step
- Jive Jazz: Acrobatic Rock’n Roll, Boogie Woogie, Swing, Mix.Blues, Lindy Hop
- Hustle: Disco Fox/Disco Swing
- America – Latino: Samba, Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Paso Doble
- Caribbean: Mambo, Merengue, Bachata, Rueda Argentine: Tango, Waltz, Milonga
- Ballroom dancing: Slow Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot
- Consolidated dances: Mazurka, Waltz, Polka
- Piemontese: Mazurka, Waltz, Polka
- Folk-Dance Romagnole: Mazurka, Waltz, Polka
THIRD CATEGORY: divided in section E,F. special category (not for dance/ballet schools)
In this category the participants can enter with any kind/type of dance.
- E – Public and registered private schools (primary, lower secondary and upper secondary), both from Italy and other countries, can enter the competition with one or more works.
- F – Cultural associations of youth (not a dance school that must enter in the first category), religious or other types of youth clubs, both from Italy and other countries, can enter the competition with one or more works. The age of the participants must be 5 – 19
FOURTH CATEGORY: section G
- G – GYMNASTICS (Promotion sports, Associations, etc) with sections:
– Artistic Gymnastics
– Rhythmic Gymnastics
– Acrobatic Gymnastics
Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 19 years. No individual performances will be allowed. A dance group must include at least 8 dancers..
All the students must be enrolled at the participating school.
The same students can’t participate also in the festival of music and/or the festival of school musicals.
Each Ballet/Dance School (or public/private school or association) may enter a maximum of 3 productions for selection.
A production must not last more than 4 minutes.
A Ballet/Dance school submitting more productions can enter them in the same section or in different sections A-B-C-D.
The Selection Panel may decide to choose one or more productions for each participating school.
Participants in section E – F – G can only enter in these sections.
Forward the attached registration form to: “GEF – International Festival of Dance and Gymnastic for Schools ”, Via Roma 166 -18038 Sanremo – Italy – by the 28th of February 2019.: The postmark will be used as proof of date.
Documentation must include the following:
- A description of the intended performance (or part of a larger show)
- An indication of the Category and section selected
- A video of the performance (even if in working progress)
- An indication of selected music for SIAE (copyright fees)
- A list of group members (dancers, choreographer, organizers) including full name, gender, date of birth and where possible, a photo of the entire group. All dancers must be current students of the participating school.
- Proof of payment of a “school’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses” € 250,00.
a) The deposit will be deducted from the total amount to pay for the school’s accommodation in Sanremo
b) the deposit will be reimbursed to schools not admitted to the finals in Sanremo.
“The School’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses“ will be retained only if the school decide to cancel their participation.
Attention:A School participating in more than one competition in GEF can pay one “school’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses”, and not a deposit for each competition.
Deposits must be paid to: UniCreditBANCA agency Arma di Taggia – Beneficiary: KISMET srl
Causal: Deposit (and the name of the school)
IBAN: IT 59 G 02008 49090 000010138260
BIC SWIFT: UNCRITM1173
No other payment methods accepted
All material received will remain the property of GEF, to be used in its own discretion and will not be returned.
The schools admitted to the competition finals will be contacted by March 11, 2019 with performance dates.
The schools must confirm in writing, sending a certified postal letter, by March 21, 2019, enclosing all forms ( a, b, c, d, e, received with our confirm) completely filled in:
- a) SIAE card, copyrights; (specify which kind of music are used, for copyright reasons)
- b) Specification for SIAE when music is without copyright fee. Schools admitted to the competition finals whose work/s are not subject to SIAE copyright payments, must state so in writing by sending a letter of authorization to the organizing committee.
- c) technical specifications;
- d) hotel accommodation form filled in with enclosed copy of the whole payment for the stay in Sanremo;
- e) a complete list of the participants.
The competition finals will take place in Sanremo at Teatro Ariston between May 2 and May 4. The backdrop for all performances of finalist dance schools will be the same.
Each school admitted to the finals will provide its own costumes and any other props needed.
All entrants and each school taking part in the competition finals in Sanremo will undertake to pay for its own board and lodgings. For reasons of organization and event management, finalists, accompanying adults and/or anyone spending nights in Sanremo while taking part in GEF 2019, will need to stay at least two nights and book through GEF choosing accommodation from our price list in order to gain accreditation and be able to take part in the competition finals. (minimo three nights for schools participating in Theatre or Musical).
Each school admitted to the finals will be sent a booking-form by the booking organization outlining modes of payment.
Considering the thousands of bookings processed during the previous edition of GEF, early bookings are highly recommended.
All official participants in GEF’s final stages will receive GEF’s gadgets.
THE PANEL OF JUDGES AND THE AWARDS
The panel will consist of dance experts, and school and GEF representatives.
Experts invited by the organizing committee will select the works for the finals.
The winning school in each section A-B-C-D-E-F-G (see art. 2) will receive a “GEF Trophy”.
The prestigious “School Creativity Award” (Silver Dolphin ) will go to one of the winners in the sections (A-B-C-D-E-F-G), in recognition of a particular value expressed by their work or by some aspects thereof.
The panel of judges can award other special prizes (best project, best interpretation etc.)
Every participating school will receive a GEF certificate of participation.
The Committee’s selection and Panel’s decisions on the awards are final.
All winners will receive their prizes only at Teatro Ariston in Sanremo during one of the final performances of GEF. A winner not attending the event cannot claim for their prizes later on.
The names of all finalist schools will appear on the official bilingual programme (Italian/English) of GEF.
A final show will take place on Saturday evening May 4, 2019, at Teatro Ariston, with performances and a GEF award presentation to the assigned winners of the music, dance and Gymnastic, and fashion competitions. Also other competition winners will receive their awards. During the evening the winner of the prestigious prize “Global Education Award” will also receive their award, which is the only international education prize awarded each year to persons and associations who through their thoughts, words and actions, have fostered the growth and development of education.
GEF reserves the right to record and/or film and/or broadcast the event in its entirety or in part, using any medium (print, photography, radio, television, audio-visual, internet, etc.) and to accompany the event with one or more promotion or publicity, without owing any payments to anyone including all participants.
GEF ask to receive the privacy forms filled in and signed. (see art.14)
Every school and association have to send Consent forms according to UE regulations n.679/2016 (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.
The competition finals in Sanremo may undergo some changes due to technical or organizational factors, however these will be communicated forthwith to all interested parties.
All works received will remain the property of GEF. GEF reserves the right to publish or used them in other shows without owing any payments to anyone including all participants.
All printed matter and trademarks are protected by copyright; therefore any use or reproduction by any medium is prohibited. Anyone using all or part of it without express permission will be prosecuted.
GEF’s Organizing Committee, the promoting association and the company providing technical support will not accept any liability for personal or material injuries or accidents occurring while travelling or during the Festival.
Anyone taking part in the event is expected to have read and understood the conditions set by these regulations and to accept them unconditionally. Participation to the event also implies that each participant explicitly agrees to allow GEF to access its archives and process all personal data provided, according to UE regulations n.679/2016 (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.