International Theatre In Schools Festival
The performances and awards will be broadcast live in streaming
Promotion and coordination:
In collaboration with:
Download the complete “conditions of entry” in PDF
(click on the link or PDF image above)
Conditions of entry
The International Theatre-in-Schools Festival will take place in Sanremo during the final stages of GEF and it intends to encourage audience awareness of the relationship between Drama/Theatre and School through school-produced theatre performances.
The festival will focus on the following activities:
- Working with theatre in schools
- Seeing other schools perform
- Discussing school-theatre
Legally registered Schools, both private and public, may enter the competition and will be subdivided into the following categories:
A – Primary Schools
B – Lower Secondary Schools
C – Upper Secondary Schools
D – Special Category: “Experimental Theatre in language” (Italian schools performing French or English works and non-Italian schools performing Italian, French or English works).
E – Theatre Schools, included Associations, Cooperatives, Federations etc – age of students 6 – 19 years
Performances prepared by students and teachers, possibly with the assistance of external contributors, may be chosen freely from:
- Classical Theatre (original or adapted), that can be a summary.
- Contemporary Theatre (original or adapted), that can be a summary.
- Children’s Theatre -preschool and primary school – (original or adapted), that can be a summary.
- The entry fee of € 160 for each entering entity (Schools of: music/song, dance, gymnastic, theatre, movie, fashion; Associations and Foundations, etc)
- No entry fees but a deposit, for Primary, first and second level secondary and public schools, recognized by Ministry of University and Research Education in their Country a payment of a “school’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses” € 250,00. a) The deposit will be deducted from the total amount to pay for the school’s accommodation in Sanremo b) the deposit will be reimbursed to schools not admitted to the finals in Sanremo.
“The School’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses“ will be retained only if the school decide to cancel their participation
Schools intending to enter must send, by the 30th of June 2021, the enclosed entry form to:
KISMET SRL – GEF – Eurotheatre –– Via Roma 166 – 18038 Sanremo – Italy.
The postmark will be used as proof of date.
Each work (unless excluded from competition) must be accompanied by:
- An outline of the intended performance (two copies), with an indication of its origin (classical text, either original or adapted) and a few short written director’s comments outlining the research process undertaken in the development of the work submitted, as well as some of its most outstanding features.
- The actual text (two copies) and any other documentary material (even in working progress).
- A list of the theatre group members (actors, directors, organisers) with their full name, date of birth and, possibly a photograph of the whole group. All actors must be current students at the school.
- Proof of payment of a “school’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses” € 250,00.
- a) The deposit will be deducted from the total amount to pay for the school’s accommodation in Sanremo b) the deposit will be reimbursed to schools not admitted to the finals in Sanremo.
“The School’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses“ will be retained only if the school decide to cancel their participation.
A School participating in more than one competition in GEF can pay one “school’s deposit as a guarantee for expenses”, and not a deposit for each competition.
Entry fees or deposits must be paid to:
UniCreditBANCA agency Arma di Taggia
Beneficiary: KISMET srl
Causal: Deposit (and the name of the school)
IBAN: IT 59 G 02008 49090 000010138260
BIC SWIFT: UNCRITM1173
no credit cards
All material submitted will remain the legal property of GEF, may be used by GEF and will not be returned.
Each performance may not last more than 30 minutes. Each school must provide its own mobile props and they must be easy to assemble, keeping in mind that, before and after the performance, there will be 20 minutes (before and after the performance) for any preparation and dismantling.
Rehearsals will not be possible. Each Institute taking part in the event must provide its own scenes, costumes and anything else, which may be needed for the performance.
The schools admitted to the competition finals will be contacted by July 10, 2021.
The schools must confirm in writing, by registered letter mail by July 25, 2021, enclosing all forms ( a, b, c, d, e, received with our confirm) completely filled in:
- Technical specifications;
- SIAE details (copyrights);
- SIAE authorization-where needed by the works used.
All participating schools using works, which are not subject to SIAE copyright, will notify the organizing committee in writing.
- Hotel accommodation form filled in ( the payment for the whole stay in Sanremo within August 20, 2021);
- A list with all participants, teachers and accompanying persons, with full name and date of birth on.
Each school admitted to the competition finals in Sanremo must participate in the activities outlined in art. 1, and must do so for at least three (3) days including a minimum stay of three (3) nights.
All entrants and each school taking part in the competition finals in Sanremo will undertake to pay for its own board and lodgings. For reasons of organization and event management, finalists, accompanying adults and/or anyone spending nights in Sanremo while taking part in GEF 2021, will need to stay at least two nights and book through GEF choosing accommodation from our price list in order to gain accreditation and be able to take part in the competition finals. (minimo three nights for schools participating in Theatre, Kitchen or Musical).
Each school admitted to the finals will be sent a booking-form by the booking organization outlining modes of payment.
Considering the thousands of bookings processed during the previous edition of GEF, early bookings are highly recommended.
All official participants in GEF’s final stages will receive GEF’s gadgets.
The names of all finalist schools will appear on the official bilingual programme (Italian/English) of GEF.
THE PANEL AND THE AWARDS
The panel of judges – a panel of experts invited by GEF will select the finalist works.
The panel will consist of experts from Theatre and Schools.
The Committee and Panel’s decisions are final.
Works will be judged on the basis of their contents and on their possible utilization in schools, rather than for their spectacular presentation.
One school will be selected out of each category (see art. 2).
All the winning schools in each category and the best non-Italian school will receive a “Targa GEF” and a finalist certificate.
The prestigious “School Creativity Award” (Silver Dolphin) for a performance will be awarded among the winners of categories A-B-C-D-E on account of the particular values represented.
The panel can decide to award other prizes and the panel’s decisions are final.
All prizes will be awarded to the school.
All winners will receive their prizes at Teatro Ariston in Sanremo during one of the final performances of GEF. A winner not attending the event cannot claim for their prizes later on.
A final performance will take place on Saturday evening October 9, 2021, at Teatro Ariston, with performances and a GEF award presentation to the assigned winners of the music, dance and fashion competitions. Also other competition winners will receive their awards. During the evening the winner of the prestigious prize “Global Education Award” will also receive their award, which is the only international education prize awarded each year to persons and associations who through their thoughts, words and actions, have fostered the growth and development of education.
GEF reserves the right to record and/or film and/or broadcast the event in its entirety or in part, using any medium (print, photography, radio, television, audio-visual, internet, etc.) and to accompany the event with one or more promotion or publicity, without owing any payments to any participants.
GEF ask to receive the privacy forms filled in and signed. (see art.13)
Every school and association have to send Consent forms according to UE regulations n.679/2016 (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.
The finals in Sanremo may undergo some changes due to technical-organizational reasons, however these will be communicated forthwith to the interested parties.
All works received will remain the property of GEF and will be published or used in other shows at GEF’s discretion. No money will be owed to any participant.
All printed matter and logos are protected by copyright; therefore any unauthorised use is forbidden. Anyone trying to use any of them without authorization will be duly prosecuted.
GEF’s Organizing Committee, the promoting association and the company providing technical support will not accept any liability for personal or material injuries or accidents occurring while travelling or during the Festival.
Anyone taking part in the event is expected to have read and understood the conditions set by these regulations and to accept them unconditionally. Participation to the event also implies that each participant explicitly agrees to allow GEF to access its archives and process all personal data provided, according to UE regulations n.679/2016 (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.